A trip to Alaska is exciting because there are so many things to do. Whether you’re an angler, photographer, or an outdoor enthusiast in general, thrilling adventures are never in short supply. Part of what makes Favorite Bay Lodge in Angoon, Alaska, a premier all-inclusive vacation spot is the wide range of activities ranging from bear viewing to world-class fishing. Solo travelers, couples, and families can all find themselves well within nature’s bounty at Favorite Bay.
Best Things to Do at Favorite Bay Lodge
While some Alaska luxury resorts specialize in one or two activities, Favorite Bay offers a diverse spectrum. You could be exploring the Tongass National Forest in search of rare mushrooms one day and reeling in trophy salmon the next! Heck, you may even find yourself doing both the same day! Our location on Admiralty Island is firmly embedded in the Alaskan wilderness, so you can let your imagination run free as you find your wild side. Below, we share some of our favorite things to do.
- Nature and wildlife photography are among our visitors’ most prominent activities. Whether you’re taking pictures of breaching whales or collecting breathtaking images in the Tongass, there’s never a dull moment in our neck of the woods.
- Speaking of whales, the Chatham Straits is one of the world’s most diverse waterways where krill and other whale prey gather to provide excellent viewing opportunities.
- Take a full-day guided kayak trip paddling through an enchanted reef ecosystem rife with starfish, coral, and other iconic ocean creatures.
- Try your hand at crabbing with a trip to Admiralty Island’s picturesque bays and inlets. After harvesting your catch, bring some back to the lodge for an authentic Alaskan seafood feast!
- With abundant populations of all five wild pacific salmon species, world-class angling is often the primary activity for many of our guests. Whether it’s freshwater or saltwater, fishing is arguably the most popular thing to do at this Alaskan luxury resort.
An All-Inclusive Alaska Fishing Lodge for Everyone
When you come to Angoon, Alaska, you can expect to find plenty of things to do. And although fishing is probably our most popular attraction at Favorite Bay, we truly offer something for everyone. And with twelve individually designed and well-appointed guest rooms, you won’t exactly be roughing it. As we always say, “There is nothing better than the Great Outdoors.” But after a long day of adventure, it’s hard to beat the comfort of a warm fireplace and a hot gourmet meal. To make reservations or learn more about how you can plan the ultimate all-inclusive trip, please reach out to us online or call 866-788-3344.